Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bintan Island

Hi there Guy's & Gal's,

Me just came back from Bintan island,had lots of new expriences & explored quite a number of new places too.

First of all, i went to explore a few places and did fish for awhile on each location but my Ahmad(driver) couldn't stand d 3o+ degrees heat so i had to quickly move on to another spot to let him had some aircondition to cool himself down from his 20+ yrs old "PAJERO" haha. Anyway,its quite tough for a 50+ yrs old man to watch a monkey(me) swings his banana stick(fly rod) under hot sun lei,LOL!

After afew attemp on d new grounds without any catches i decided to go to some of the spot's which i hv landed fish before,CHEONG AH!


15mins later i was there & started rigging up my fly,this time i'll try to lure them with a popper instead of a dry fly. Just as my small lumo green popper landed on d water surface,a small haruan(around 10inches) came chasing out from his nest & i decide to stay still then strip slowly, just as i was make a long fast strip & this fellow just whack my little popper without giving me a chance to strike,Damm! And that was the first miss.

On my second cast,three of them came chasing at my popper again but went back to their home vy fast, but one of them did follow vy close and i think he should be the unlucky one liao this time,one fast strip & BANG! he swallowed d whole popper and without hesitation i try to strike it as fast as possible but DAMM IT! d popper flew out from his mouth immediately i striked, SHIT...! think i had to ask my Sifu to teach me how to catch them liao.

After that i decide to change it to a larger dry fly thinking that with bigger hook i would stand a better chance to catch them but fail to do that too.
With all those misses i think its time for me to call it a day and go for my lunch before i become roasted monkey,haha!
Anyway,i had some delicious food at one of the kelong there and some sight seeing as well.


Day 2 was suppose to be going home time but heard from the locals that there's a fresh water pay pond located at ?????? with lots fishes so i die die also must go see see la.
At 8am sharp,after we had our breakfast we straight away head down to d fresh water p.pond to check it out. 25mins later we finally reach d pond,at my first glance i can tell that there's around 10 average size pond within d area.
At first,my driver said that we had to find d person incharge of the pond before we start fishing but nobody was around there so without second thought i quickly set up my fly gear & start hunting.
Ya,i came across a pond with full of small to medium size gourami's & some fishes which i never seen before so i decided to try my luck on this pond. After a few tease at d gourami's,they don't seems interested at all but one small unknown fish took my fly with lightning speed which resulting it hooking up itself without needing me to strike,haha easy job.
It turn out to be the smallest fish which i hv caught so far on fly but i'm happy with that la.
Btw,i only fish for abt 15mins b'cos my driver keep asking me to go & said that we might get ourself in trouble if d operator finds out, so "BO PIAN LA" go lor!
Anyway,i will surely go back hunt for d fishes there although its not big but as long as it is landed by fly then ok for me la. Cheers!

Happy Fishing!
Regard's,

Sam


unknown fish on dry fly
smallest fish i ever caught on flynew playgroundnice & quiet place for fishingnew spot which i explore on day 1nice place but ???my redbullyummyalmost finished

No comments: